Moulin de la Fonte: Carp Fishing Lake & Bed and Breakfast Businesses
view of the house
view from terrace on the lake
dining area in front of kitchen
terrace of master room
garden in front of house
bathroom of master bedroom
one of the swims
path leading to the swims
Entrance of property
Another view of the lake
A nice looking carp
Catfish 76lbsView Carousel
Advert Reference: IFPC29533
For Sale By Owner (FSBO)For Sale Privately
|€800,000 is approximately:|
- Type: Residential (Watermill / Windmill, Country House, House), Business (Bed & Breakfast, Gîte), Land (Lake)
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bath/ Shower Rooms: 6
- Habitable Size: 320 m²
- Land Size: 7.5 ha
- Old moulin with its own 17th century lake filled with 300 carps up to 50lb
- Ideal carp fishing venue
- 40.000€ revenue/yr from renting the lake
- Potential 5.000 added revenue (food package)
- 3,5 hours driving from Calais
- Cellar / Wine Cellar
- Central Heating
- Double Glazing
- En-Suite Bathroom
- Fireplace / Stove
- Gîte Potential
- Gîtes and Annexes
- Renovation Potential
- Revenue Generating
Located in the heart of the Parc du Perche Regional conservation area, an hour and a half from Paris by car, the property is nestled in a pretty tranquil valley, centered around a mature lake that dates back to pre Napoleon times. A nature lover ‘s paradise, being surrounded by forests, woodland and meadows, this 8 bedroom property sits on a surface of more than 14 acres (incuding the lake fully stocked with about 300 carps up to 50lbs) and is totally enclosed.
It is a perfect opportunity for a couple wanting to live in the house and at the same time run a business allowing for a comfortable living:
- renting the lake on a weekly basis to small groups of English fishermen who want to take a fishing vacation: there are on one side of the lake 3 double well spaced fishing platforms, each with its own area for erecting 2 tents/fishing bivvies. Along with the fitted-out fisheman’s chalet for preparing and enjoying meals, there is adjacent to the lake for use by the fishemen, a shower room with shower,W.C. and wash-hand basin. There is a separate entrance and car parking area for the lake, with direct access from the lane, and all walkways are gravelled. All the above considered making it an ideal fishing venue.
The lake is fully booked from March 15 till November 10 which generates a revenue of more than 40.000€. Plus extra revenue can be obtained by providing a food package to the anglers ( 12 groups have elected for this coming season to take this package which generates another 5.000€ of revenue).
- another source of revenue can be found by running a Chambre d’Hôtes (Bed and Breakfast) on one side of the house with its own separate access, ideally suited for this purpose with 6 rooms (one apartment with 2 rooms and ensuite shower room and WC ,1 room with ensuite shower room and WC, 3 with wash hand basin), 1 separate shower room, 1 separate bathroom with bath and shower cubicle, 2 separate WC rooms.
The owners quarter includes:
a master bedroom with its large terrace overlooking the lake , with ensuite bathroom and and walk-in dressing room
a second bedroom with its bathroom (wash-hand basin and WC)
a large living room
a dining room
a small office
a kitchen with breakfast area.
There is also a large garage, a cellar and a magnificent large stone barn of around 140square meters which could be converted eventually in another house.This barn once served as the village foundry (history has it that parts of the fabrication of the famous PONT NEUF bridge in Paris were manufactured here).
Oil central heating plus electric radiators in all rooms plus a wood stove in the living room.
I am an entrepreneur, I bought Mitchell the fishing reel company in 1982 from the receivership and sold it back to a US company in 92. I bought la Fonte about 10 years ago and have enjoyed running It and getting some extra revenue from it. I live in a mansion about 10 miles away from the lake and come to visit the anglers quite often. But I am now 78 and I will not live forever..And I have to be reasonable . My wife would not be able to run the place so this is why I intend to sell it. There is no urgency but I would like to do it in the next couple of years
|€800,000 is approximately:|