Fabulous grande maison ideal for families, situated 250m from the Dordogne River in the beautiful, quiet, historic village of St. Julien de Lampon. Set in a shady garden with a private non-chlorine, fenced, heated swimming pool. We have recently added a gazebo which provides a lovely sitting area by the pool, and a new air-source heat pump for the pool itself.
Edge of lovely typical French village. Several excellent restaurants in easy walking distance: all reasonably priced and family friendly.
- Wooden floors, marble fireplaces and central heating
- Entrance hall with a sweeping wooden staircase curving to the first floor
- Downstairs WC
- Basement Boiler room and storage
- Kitchen/diner/family room (28ft x 15 ft) with French doors to terrace overlooking the pool
- Stainless steel range cooker (gas hob, electric oven and grill)
- American fridge/freezer
- Washing machine & dryer
The Sitting room:
- A peaceful and relaxing room with original stone walls.
The Bedrooms: 5 tastefully restored en-suite bedrooms.
- 3 double rooms
- Jacuzzi Bathroom with WC.
- Double shower room with WC
- Stunning 28ft x 15 ft double bedroom with exposed beams and open bathroom with marble bowl. Separate WC
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower and basin.
The local area:
St. Julien de Lampon nestles in the lush wooded scenery of Perigord Noir, the loveliest part of Aquitaine threaded by the beautiful Dordogne River whose banks are meadows, wooded hills or dramatic sheer cliffs.
The countryside with its wealth of deciduous trees, fertile fields and pastures, produces the delicacies for which the region is famous. There are excellent restaurants everywhere- many offering scenic outdoor eating, and you can shop for picnics or home eating at the mouth-watering local markets in most villages and towns (Thursday am at St. Julien). There are village shops and supermarkets in Sarlat, Souillac or Gourdon (some of these offer a variety of prepared hot and cold dishes, so home eating needn't mean home cooking!)
The many other cultural and recreational activities on your doorstep includin canoeing, bicycle hire, fishing, tennis, horse-riding (all in or near village), golf at Souillac.
There are numerous beautiful gardens to visit nearby.
Numerous historic chateaux including Beynac, Fenelon (next door village), Castelnaud.
Prehistoric caves: Lascaux, Les Eyzies de Tayac
Rocamadour, Souillac, Sarlat, Cahors.
Several excellent restaurants and cafe, all in easy walking distance from the house.
Shops: boulangerie/patisserie,, butcher, general stores, pharmacy, weekly market (fantastic local produce), hairdresser, post office and cash point - all in village
Local produce: duck, goose, foie gras, walnuts (plus oil), truffles, cheese, wine, river fish.Permanent farm shop selling vegetables and fruit direct from locals at next door village of Carlux.
Flights to Bergerac, Limoges or Brive.